Tea and Cake at Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair

3 comments
In recent years I have developed a massive appreciation for all things vintage. I especially enjoy trawling through pictures of fashion from the 1960’s - I just love all the quirky jewellery and vibrant clothing. The other thing that comes to mind when I think of vintage shopping is of course, cute Victorian inspired tea pots and cake stands (what a surprise).

I have to confess though I've never actually brought anything vintage or been to a vintage fair before. When I happened to see an announcement advertising Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair coming to Albert Hall in Nottingham this September, I was super excited and decided I really wanted to go! So last Sunday my mum (who has an amazing eye for a bargain) and I took a trip down to the Albert Hall for our first vintage fair experience. In today’s post I thought I would share a few pictures from our mother daughter outing :)

So first impressions - it was very hectic! I really wasn't expecting so many people! Luckily we got there just as the fair was opening (we were incredibly eager) and were able to have a first look round before it became really crowded.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the sheer variety of stalls and bargains waiting to be snapped up – from cute floral tableware to vintage suitcases and gorgeous handbags – there really was something for everyone.


At one point I managed to lose my mum in the crowd…tracked her down a few minutes later though eying up some gorgeous cake stands - I don’t think she even noticed we’d lost each other! Someone was clearly enjoying themselves :) 
I thought these plates were just adorable – really wish I’d brought one now!!
For the clothing, there’s definitely a bit of rummaging through piles needed but it’s so worth it, as there were lots of hidden gems just waiting to be discovered…



It's a shame it’s not sunny anymore :(

So what did we buy…..
I picked up this cute top from ‘Mrs Bird Vintage’ for only £10. My sister asked me to keep an eye out for a good quality little handbag for her and after sending endless whatsapp pictures of what felt like every bag at the fair, she finally chose the miniscule but very cute bag in the picture above. The lady on the stall informed me that it was from the 1940’s and genuine leather. The bag was only £8… a bargain!  I sort of want to keep it for myself now…(shhh) 
All the jewellery at the fair was beautiful and there was just so much to choose from. I picked up this cute tea pot necklace, which I fell in love with at first sight for £5. I would definitely check out this shop (www.madamecherry.com) it has some amazing other pieces too. Also, I purchased a pair of scrabble piece earrings for £2.00.

And finally something to add a bit of elegance to my bedroom wall…
I am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn!!
My mum purchased a gorgeous cake stand for only £5. We took ages deliberating between the array of unique designs, but finally chose this lovely one…

What we ate…

No post of mine would be complete without some reference to my love of tea and cake. In fact the first thing we spotted when we entered the fair was the vintage tea party area. It was tempting to make a beeline straight for the cake stall, especially as all the cakes looked so scrummy and enticing. I managed to control my cravings until after we’d trawled around the rest of the fair though, by which time the cakes were looking even more appealing to my tired eyes!

Unfortunately, however while the cakes looked amazing I was highly disappointed with the taste. We had a slice of the Victoria Sponge - it was too sweet and crumbly: I just didn’t like it :(

Despite the disappointing tea and cake, overall we had a great day and really enjoyed our first vintage fair experience :) Lou Lou’s vintage fair will be back in Nottingham on 26th October I believe if you want to check it out. In fact it travels to lots of cities in the UK so you can click here to see when it's near you! The entry is £2 and under 12’s are free.

Hope you enjoyed today's post :) 

See you next week for more of my ramblings!
xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. I LOVE the handbag and can't believe the price. What a deal, I also loved the cake stand, in the previous pictures of the fair I was hoping you walked away with one, they looked gorgeous.
    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fair looks wonderful! I adore attending fairs/festivals/conventions, although I'm yet to attend anything vintage-related! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should attend a vintage fair there amazing, you can pick up some amazing things. Thanks :D x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig